Rocky Mountain High

Last fall I did a post wanting ideas for the annual trip my sister and I take together. We have picked a destination and a date,and plans are underway. This year we'll be spending the first weekend in March in Denver. I've been to Denver once for work, but I didn't get to spend as much time as I wanted exploring downtown (ahem shopping). We discovered that not only is Denver a really cool town, but it's really inexpensive to travel there. My plane ticket to Denver is cheaper than a ticket to D.C. which to date is one of the least expensive.

So here we go - Denver or bust! I'll be lifting my self-imposed two month travel moratorium for the trip, and I can't wait. I also just discovered that there is a half marathon in Denver that same weekend, That Dam Run, which is a great coincidence considering I need to do a 12 mile training run. I am a touch nervous about the altitude. The last time I ran in Denver, just few miles, I felt like my lungs were going to explode. It was also 100 degrees that day, but the altitude is still a challenge.

I haven't made an affirmative decision about the half (although I'm leaning towards it), but at any rate I'm excited to get back to Denver to explore the town. Any ideas of fun things to do there? 

Comments

  1. Did you know that there is a Harkins Theater in Denver? Of course you did. You may owe it to your husband to check that out. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chats with my Colorectal Surgeon (and other health musings)

Tell me About Your Third Nipple

The Art of Letting Go