Thankful for running

I have so much to be thankful for.  I have a wonderful husband, great family, the best friends anyone could ask for, pets who are adorable and a job I love.  In addition to all of that I have running.  Not only does it keep me sane, but I run because I can. 

I mean really - who wouldn't be thankful for these faces?
This month Runner's World did an issue highlighting its readers. One particular small blurb on a page said that this one person was so thankful for running because someone they knew had cerebral palsy and wasn't able to run. With all the people who are in pain and hurting and unable to run, I am thankful each and every time I lace up my shoes. An aching IT band means I did it.  Sore knees means I was able to hit the pavement. For those who love to run, it becomes a salvation of sorts. Maybe that sounds dramatic, but for me the best days I have are the ones where I make time to run.

This Thanksgiving as I am reflecting on what I am thankful for, that long list will include my ability to run. Running the Detroit Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning is a symbol for me that I'm healthy.  I've healed from my surgery, and I'm back in action. And that is something to be so thankful for.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tell me About Your Third Nipple

Can we Stop with the Negative Mom Culture?

The COVID Destruction of Habits