All I want for Christmas is arm sleeves, compression socks and a race registration

It's that time of the year again when I start dropping not so subtle hints to my husband about my Christmas list. Some women want diamonds; others want pearls. I want a pair of plaid arm sleeves and a promise of a race in a sunny locale this winter. I'm totally serious.

http://store.runningskirts.com/pr


I'll be honest - I don't even entirely understand the purpose of arm sleeves. Why don't I just wear a long-sleeved shirt? Either way they are adorable and I want a pair. Plus Shalane Flanagan wore arm sleeves when she was runner-up in the NYC Marathon in 2010. That alone makes them cool. But I digress.

My husband said to me a few years ago that buying me running stuff for holidays is boring. Sure I've got 3 running jackets in various shades of pink, dozens of short- and long-sleeved running tees and several pairs of running gloves. I do not, however, have purple compression socks. I can't think of a good reason for this oversight.

http://store.runningskirts.com/runlove-compression-socks-purple
What good is adorable running gear without the appropriate place to show it off? I desperately want to do a February/March race somewhere warm. Michigan winters are brutal, and by February I'm ready to be anywhere but here. There is the Double Bridge Run 15k in Pensacola, Florida in February, a half marathon in Austin and a half marathon in New Orleans in early March. Any of these seems like perfect places to show off a snazzy new running outfit received at Christmas.

We're coming up on the winter dead spot for races. It's always difficult as a runner to remain motivated when there aren't a lot of races coming up, and the weather is just going to get colder. It helps with motivation when an argyle running skirt is part of the picture.

http://store.runningskirts.com/preppy-purple-argyle-running-skirt-263
I really hope Santa (ahem my husband) is reading this. I mean I've already sent him the website and have pretty much handed him my Christmas happiness on a silver platter. Now it'll just be a matter of nailing down the perfect winter vacation/race locale. 'Tis the season!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some Reasons Why Diet Culture is Garbage: I Poop a Lot and I'm Always Hungry

Tell me About Your Third Nipple

Can we Stop with the Negative Mom Culture?