Back on track

Four weeks doesn't sound like a long time. For example, Christmas is what, five weeks away, and that time will just fly by.  When your passion is running, however, and your doctor tells you that you shouldn't run for four weeks, it feels like an eternity.

As someone who loves running and traveling, the last two weekends have been tough. Visiting both Chicago and Iowa City without hitting the pavement made me feel like I was missing something on my trips.  Running in every town we visit has become an integral part of going away.

And somehow, in less than six short years, running has become an integral part of who I am. I ran three half marathons in a year and took two years off from long races. Now I can't even imagine taking that kind of break from running. Running keeps me sane, and it is my time to clear my head. Without it I have felt like I've been in a fog this past month.

This morning I woke up early, put on my super cute running gear (let's be honest - cute gear is a huge motivator), laced up my fabulous purple Brooks running shoes and took off. It was a short and slow run, but it felt amazing. 

On Thanksgiving morning next week I'll be running the Turkey Trot 5k in downtown Detroit. I can't wait to be back in a race with thousands of my closest friends. Running these towns isn't something I do just for run. It's because I can't imagine doing anything else.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tell me About Your Third Nipple

Can we Stop with the Negative Mom Culture?

The COVID Destruction of Habits