The Daily Marathon

My work wrapped up another successful legislative conference today, and my feet hurt. A lot. I was on the road Monday to west Michigan, two days at a conference, on the road to west Michigan tomorrow. I'm only in the office one day next week and am traveling the rest of the days. I set my own schedule...there's only one person to blame. There are so many meetings to be had in so little time! It's busy right now.

This week every day feels like I'm running a marathon. My feet are killing me. I imagine tomorrow putting on heels will feel like walking over hot coals. I'm still going to do it, but it's not going to be pretty.  My entire body hurts like I just finished running 10 miles - back, hips, shoulders, everything. 

I have no business running the Ann Arbor Half Marathon on Sunday. I haven't trained. My body is exhausted. It's not going to be pretty. Last year I ran two half marathons in under two hours. My goal on Sunday is 2:10. I'm not in half marathon shape, but I'm running it more for the mental motivation I'm hoping it'll spur. 

I have set a lot of lofty running, personal and professional goals for 2015. Some weeks it feels like they're unattainable. Part of running the race on Sunday is getting back into that focused mental place. Until then I'll just concentrate on putting one foot in front of the other...in cute shoes of course.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tell me About Your Third Nipple

Some Reasons Why Diet Culture is Garbage: I Poop a Lot and I'm Always Hungry

Can we Stop with the Negative Mom Culture?