I Am Thankful People That Read This

About two and a half years ago I was in a bit of a funk. I felt restless, and I needed some kind of focus. I've always loved to write, and my husband suggested I start a blog about cities and running. We were in Knoxville, Tennessee for the Covenant Knoxville Half Marathon. Knoxville was a random place for a race, but I fell in love with the city. It seemed like a natural fit to talk about the towns I've run in any why I love them. Knoxville was my first blog, and there have been 205 written since then.

This blog started (and continues really) as a way to give me a project, but I've been completely overwhelmed by the response from all of you. I've been in meetings before where someone I barely know mentions how much they enjoy it. I have had people mention it to me when I'm buying coffee and when I pass them on the street. It's a project I started for me, and the fact that people enjoy reading it is an added incentive that motivates me to keep running and traveling so I can write about it.

I would secretly like to be a writer, but that's not the world's most stable or lucrative career.  This adventure has been a way for me to hone my inner writer while doing two things I love - visiting cities and running. I am thrilled by the response I've gotten from those of you who read this blog, and during this week of Thanksgiving I want to make sure you know how grateful I am.

A couple of years ago I wrote a blog about people who inspire me, and throughout this journey I've discovered so many more. I'm inspired by my friends who have taken up running and pushed through those miserable first few months to start loving it. I'm inspired by people who have been motivated to push their limits and meet new goals, whatever they may be. I'm energized by those who recognize the beauty and importance of cities both as runners (like City Running Tours) and people who just want to be part of the revitalization of something great.

Throughout this journey I hope that I've inspired you even a fraction as much as you've inspired me.  This year has been a challenging one, yet I recognize the value more than ever of pushing my limits and living each day to the fullest. Lace up your running shoes, my friends, and/or take a trip to someplace you'd always wanted to go. Push the boundaries of what really makes sense, and be thankful for it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tell me About Your Third Nipple

Can we Stop with the Negative Mom Culture?

The COVID Destruction of Habits