Life is short; wear the cute shoes.

This isn't my first post about the dressing for success, but I like it so much that I wanted to do another one. I like shoes. And clothes. A lot. I enjoy shopping, and traveling, and running. It's a rough life. I have a goal to be the best dressed runner at every race I'm running. I mostly succeed. I work hard at picking out something cute to wear for a race (I already know what I'm wearing for Marine Corps), and I think it's important. For me I love being a runner, but just as I do in the rest of my life I have to do it with style. Life, afterall, is too short to not spend it looking like I've got it together.

One of my fav race outfits from the Cherry Blossom 10-miler earlier this year
I am a loyal follower of "What Not to Wear" (sadly in its last season), and I continue to be amazed at the number of people who think the way they dress is not important. When people see you, the first thing they see if you appearance. And if you look like a hot mess, they will assume you're a hot mess. Maybe carrying my must look adorable philosophy to running is a little much, but I love wearing a cute running outfit. Even during my training runs I am wearing something that works for me functionally as a runner but also is super cute.

 
I heart a running skirt and compression socks.

Life is about always being the best version of myself that I can be in whatever I'm trying to accomplish. And doing that without wearing an outfit that is appropriate and together just doesn't make sense. I pick outfits for special occasions weeks in advance. If I have a work event, a unique social event or a race, I know what I'm wearing long before the event happens. I'm going to a country music concert on my birthday in about a month, and I have an outfit picked out (now all I need is the perfect cowboy boots).

I got more compliments on these arms sleeves than perhaps any race outfit I've ever worn.
I'm sure there are those of you reading this who think this is ridiculous, and that's fine. But I will tell you that when I feel good about the way I look (in particular what I'm wearing), I can accomplish anything. I may never run a winning marathon, but I will go further and faster looking the part and feeling good about myself. My feet may hurt from wearing heels all the time, and I may not always feel like rocking a cute dress. But at the end of the day it's the same philosophy as a good run - I may not feel like it, but I'll never regret it.

One of my many running skirts. This is perhaps a little out of control.
Ladies and gentlemen take my advice and wear the cute shoes. Or dress. Or blouse. You'll feel amazing, and you'll be surprised at where the cute shoes can take you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tell me About Your Third Nipple

Can we Stop with the Negative Mom Culture?

The COVID Destruction of Habits