No you come push it! Push it real good.

I live my life in only one speed - full blast. 100% at all times. I walk fast, I talk fast, I generally move quickly. Everything has to be done, and preferably it has to be done right this minute. Resting is a foreign concept to me, and I don't do it well. 

When I fall into bed every night I am exhausted. I fall asleep almost immediately. I leave nothing on the table at the end of each day. I can't remember ever having trouble sleeping, and I'm quite sure it's because I fill each day with constant movement. I'm up at 5:45 every week day to walk my dogs a mile and then either go for a run or cross train.  I fill every free minute of every day with something. If I have a free lunch hour, I run errands. Constant movement.

There are many, many weekend mornings when I have a race scheduled, and I wonder why I just can't sleep in like a normal person. Enjoy a cup of coffee. Relax. But it's not in my DNA. Besides if I run a race at 7:30-8 a.m., I'm generally done before 10. Then I can fit more into my day.

My husband and I travel a lot. Sometimes I don't realize how much. I don't consider trips to visit my parents in West Virginia "travel", but it takes 6½ hours to get there. That's still quite a trip. We are often visiting family and friends, and we're rarely home on a weekend. When we are it's a mad dash to fit in dinners with friends, races and home projects. We've needed to replace flooring in our house for the entire five years that we've lived in our house, but instead in that time we've traveled to Sweden, Mexico (twice), Maine, Boston, Chicago (several times), DC (multiple times), Pensacola, Knoxville, State College (twice), the Outer Banks, Denver, Norfolk, West Virginia (again many times), and many other weekend jaunts that I can't even recall right now. Totally worth it.

In the last three months I've run eight races of various distances. In that same time I've been to Green Bay, Boyne, MI, Traverse City, Munising, MI, Maine, West Virginia and State College, PA. In our rare off weekends, we just try to keep up with the rest of life.

Despite the what sometimes feels like a crazy schedule, I wouldn't change a minute of it. I've got one life. I plan to fill it with travel, running, friends, family and copious amounts of fun.  

(As an aside, I love, love, love the Comcast commercials with the Slowskys, and it inspired the title of this blog.)

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tell me About Your Third Nipple

Can we Stop with the Negative Mom Culture?

The COVID Destruction of Habits