Random Things About Me

Last night I was catching up on one of my favorite blogs, See Mom Run Far, and the blog's author, Erin, was asking readers about themselves. She had 11 questions for blog readers to answer, and since I love talking about myself, I thought why not?
 
1. What is your maiden name (girls), nickname (now or from your youth), embarrassing middle name, or something special/unusual about your name?
My maiden name is Jones. Samantha Jones - yes just like on Sex and the City.  

And yes, I'm that fabulous.


2. What is your favorite animal and why?

I love cats. While I really love my pups, I have always had cats and just love them. I love that they're independent and want to do their own thing.

Our cat Ellie
Daisy - who will be 14 in March!

3. Do you like being alone?
I LOVE being alone. I adore my husband, family and friends, but I crave a certain amount of alone time. Not all the time, but I do enjoy the occasional weekend to myself where I can read uninterrupted or do a project around my house. 

Curled up and reading - one of my favorite things to do

4. What is a quality about yourself that you like?
I like that I am fiercely loyal. Sometimes it gets me into trouble because I expect everyone to be as loyal as I am (and that's just not realistic).

I can count on these two to be as loyal as me.


5. What is something that drives you crazy?
Only one thing? I really can't stand it when people move too slowly whether they're walking, driving, anything. And similarly I can't stand indecisiveness. Make a decision and do it right then.



6. What did you want to be when you grew up when you were younger?
I always wanted to be a journalist growing up. I started off my collegiate career as a broadcasting major, and am only a few classes away from a broadcasting degree. I changed to political science halfway through and never looked back.

Is it too late for me to be the next AC?



7. Are you a night owl or a morning person? 
Definitely a morning person. I  love to get up in the morning and get moving. I rarely stay up past 10 p.m.

I am the anti-Garfield


8. What is a personality trait about yourself that you would change if you could?
I'm very impatient. I'm working on it. :)




9. Favorite flavor?
Of what? I can pretty much get down with anything chocolate.




10.  What is a game you are terrible at?
I have horrible hand-eye coordination, so anything that requires that - volleyball, badminton, etc. This scene from "Meet the Parents"? That pretty much happened to me in high school gym class.




11. Do you belong to a running club? Do you belong to any other type of club?
I do run with my co-workers, but we're not really a club. I am part of a book club that I love.
12. Giants or Pats?
I really am not a professional football fan, but I hate Tom Brady's haircut. So Giants.


Comments

  1. Samantha--we have a lot in common! I, too, love talking about myself (just ask Julie), I also LOVE LOVE LOVE to read, and I run. Notice I didn't say I love to run, but I do it. And I'm getting pretty good at it (avg. about 5 miles at a time, 3-4 days a week). I also write a blog and love cats. No wonder Julie loves you--she's a glutton for punishment. You would think only one of us narcissists would be enough for her, but she needs two. Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jules clearly has excellent taste in friends. :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tell me About Your Third Nipple

Can we Stop with the Negative Mom Culture?

The COVID Destruction of Habits