Non-resolutions

I'm not a big fan of New Years resolutions. I feel like they're something people say they intend to do, and 99.9 percent of the time they don't follow through. I am more of a doer than a declarer. I like to think of myself as a Doozer (for fellow Fraggle Rock fans) If I intend to do something, I don't need a new year to come around to do it.
Damn those Fraggles always messing with the Doozers' hard work
2011 was an excellent year. We traveled a ton, and I did lots of races including three half marathons. This year my goal is to do at least four half marathons. I've already registered for a full and a 15k, and I think it's completely feasible to fit in four half marathons as well. I also need someplace to wear my awesome new running gear I got for Christmas.  I told someone this week that one of the keys to keep me running is cute running gear. Hey, whatever it takes.


I got my arm sleeves for Christmas! Seriously adorable.
While I don't like to use the word "resolution", I do have lots of goals for 2012. In addition to the number of races, I vow to cross train more, keep my IT band healthy, and travel like it's going out of style. My husband and I returned from a week in the Outer Banks about 36 hours ago, and we're already planning our 2012 trips. We don't have it all figured out yet, but it's going to be fantastic.


I was in church this morning with my heart nearly bursting with gratitude for all that we have. Traveling and running are two of my great passions, and I am so blessed to have the ability to do both. So here I come barreling into 2012. I hope it's ready.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tell me About Your Third Nipple

Can we Stop with the Negative Mom Culture?

The COVID Destruction of Habits