Life without cheese or ice cream: worth living?

I love cheese. And ice cream. They are two of the best things in life, and they are two things I've always refused to give up. I've been told dozens of times in the last 15 years to limit or give up dairy. My response is always that I don't eat that much dairy...aside from the cheese and ice cream.

This year I've decided to really challenge myself. I'm giving up dairy for Lent. It will give me the much needed willpower to give it a shot, and now that I'm announcing it publicly there is no turning back. I've already been experimenting with eliminating cream in my coffee. The soy creamer is so disgusting that I'll be forced to either drink coffee black or give it up entirely. Quite the dilemma.

A six week time frame should be enough to notice if there is a real benefit to my Crohn's from giving up dairy, and who knows, maybe it makes no difference. In that case I will gorge myself on cheese and ice cream on Easter Sunday. No ham for me, thanks.

Two of my favorite things: ice cream and vacation.
I realize this is a huge commitment, and I hope I'm ready for it. In the meantime my husband and I will be celebrating Fat Tuesday with ice cream. I don't care that it's in the 30s and snowing. It's ice cream for dinner!

Comments

  1. ooooh Good luck!!
    I LOVE ice cream!! This sounds like a huge challenge for you - it'd be like me giving up my daily chocolate and the thought of that is painful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to be difficult. I had to announce it publicly to keep me honest! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tell me About Your Third Nipple

Can we Stop with the Negative Mom Culture?

The COVID Destruction of Habits