I'm Going Streaking!

Before you get too excited, I'm doing a running streak. Fully clothed. Runner's World is challenging its readers to run their first ever summer running streak - running every day for a 38 days between Memorial Day and the 4th of July. I'll be honest - as much as I love running, I'm kind of a baby. I'll run a half marathon and take two days off to rest my IT band (which, let's be honest, kind of needs it). I'll run 3-4 days a week and think that's enough. When I saw the Runner's World streak, I saw an opportunity to challenge myself this summer.


Who doesn't love Will Ferrell's infamous scene in OLD SCHOOL?
I'm four days in, and I'll admit that if it weren't for pushing myself to do this streak, I would've begged off running a few days this week. It was on Tuesday. I was tired this morning. There are all kinds of excuses, and completing the streak is not letting me give in to any of them. The streak will also help push me to do speed training for my goal to break a 25 minute 5k in the Playmakers Race Series this summer. 

Runners waiting for the Mason State Bank 5k, my first race of the Playmakers Race Series
This summer also starts a traveling streak of sorts for my husband and me. Our next "free" weekend is in August. I have two work trips in June - to Munising, Michigan in the Upper Peninsula and Boyne Highlands in northern Michigan. I will be attending a bachelorette party in Traverse City, Michigan in June. We're taking our New England/Montreal road trip the first week in July. I'm heading to West Virginia to see my parents for a weekend in July and am in a wedding in Southeast Michigan at the end of the month. My husband then finishes his Masters degree from Penn State, prompting a trip to State College, PA for his graduation. After that we're free...for a few weekends until football season starts. We have football season tickets at Michigan State, so I have to work fall races around the football schedule.

This summer I'll be seeing a lot of Pure Michigan
Adding a run streak to my traveling streak really only makes sense. Who has time for relaxation anyway? How are you challenging yourself this summer?

Comments

  1. I wish I would have gotten this sooner...I may have gone streaking with you!! lol. Looking forward to reading your Dexter Ann Arbor Recap!!
    Girl in Pink skirt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's never too late to go streaking...although my legs are still sore from the half on Sunday so my runs yesterday and today were SLOW. Thanks for reading. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tell me About Your Third Nipple

Can we Stop with the Negative Mom Culture?

The COVID Destruction of Habits