Unanswered prayers

This year I entered the New York Marathon lottery for the second consecutive year. I'll tell you a little secret - I even splurged on the cute 2012 training shirt. I kind of thought this could be my year, and I was equal parts excited and dreading getting in. I found out today that I didn't get in this year, and I breathed a sigh of relief.

For the record I look adorable in this shirt.

Last year I blogged about the excited possibility of running New York, and it's still a dream of mine to do the race.  I'm already running the Green Bay Marathon next month, and I find that when I am training for a full I don't get the opportunity to run as many small races as I'd like.  I obviously would have run the New York Marathon if I'd gotten in, but I can't pretend I wouldn't have been a complete stress case over it this year. 

My race calendar is really starting to fill up this summer. In addition to the full next month, I've decided to run nine races in the Playmakers race series this summer starting with the Mason State Bank 5k next Friday.  It sounds like a fun way to run in Lansing and to explore some surrounding cities as well. I'm also registered for the Dexter-Ann Arbor Run Half Marathon the first weekend in June. We've worked our vacation this summer around the L.L. Bean 10k on the 4th of July in Freeport, Maine. 

Let's be honest, my race card is getting pretty full. I don't have time for the New York Marathon this year. But next year - that's my year. Until then I'll just be thankful for unanswered prayers.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chats with my Colorectal Surgeon (and other health musings)

Tell me About Your Third Nipple

The Art of Letting Go