When Life Hands You Lemons

I've shied away from fundraising for seven years. I ran my first ever race, the Nike Women's Half Marathon, for Team in Training (for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society). It was an amazing experience, but the stress of training to run my first race along with the stress of raising money was overwhelming. I've continued to be an avid runner in the last seven years but had not ventured back into fundraising. 

That changes now. I discovered Alex's Lemonade Stand, an incredible charity that raises money for childhood cancer, through unlikely sources - the Food Network's Chopped All-Star Challenge (celebrity chef and Chopped judge Alex Guarnaschelli competed for them) and CBS Sunday morning.  The story of Alex Scott, this incredible brave and selfless little girl, is one that tugs at the heart strings. It's also one that inspires me to venture back into raising money for a fantastic cause.

In October I'm running the Marine Corps Marathon as part of Team Lemon to raise money for Alex's Lemonade Stand. I need your help!  Please check out my Team Lemon page and donate online. 

I always swear I won't run another marathon, but I think about these children like Alex who have struggled with childhood cancer. It's the LEAST I can do to push myself through another 26.2 and raise money for this cause.

Please help me reach my goal and donate to Alex's Lemonade Stand. I'm so excited to head to DC to run one of our nation's most storied marathons, and running on Team Lemon is such a privilege. 

Who can say no to this Team Lemon Golden Retriever?
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tell me About Your Third Nipple

Can we Stop with the Negative Mom Culture?

The COVID Destruction of Habits