Looking for a new city for fall

I have always loved the heat and humidity of summer, and I still love it unless I'm running. That is the only time heat and humidity and I don't get along.  Summer races are brutal, and I find that I enter way fewer races in June, July and August.

I do intend to do a few races this summer including the Portland Half Marathon in Portland, MI on July 31. Portland is a smaller town just west of Lansing, but it's a mecca for great runners. I am a little intimidated to do this race especially in the summer heat, but it'll be a good challenge.

In August I intend to run the Crim 10-miler in Flint, MI. The Crim is supposed to be an excellent race and my schedule has kept me out of it the last few years. I'm looking forward to conquering those hills. September will bring me back to the Capital City River Run in Lansing. I really enjoyed this race last year. Plus the shirt for this year rocks. Let's be honest - that matters.

That leaves me missing one more long race for the fall, and I can't figure out what I want to do. The front runners are the Monster Dash in Chicago the last weekend of October or the Cape Cod Half Marathon that same weekend. The Cape Cod race is supposed to be one of the prettiest in the country.

I'm open to suggestions. Are there any great races you'd recommend? I am always open to checking out a new city!

Comments

  1. http://www.runmackinac.com/16th_Annual_Mackinac_Island_Great_Turtle.htm
    Check it...probably not a new city for you, but a great race!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard this race is fantastic - thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chats with my Colorectal Surgeon (and other health musings)

Tell me About Your Third Nipple

The Art of Letting Go