It's race season y'all!

It's taken nearly three months, but tomorrow I'll be running my first 5k of 2013. I've only done one race this year - the inaugural Portage Half Marathon. I haven't done a 5k since November, and I'm not anticipating a PR. Also let's be honest - my husband's Michigan State Spartans play in the Sweet 16 tonight at 9:45, so I'll be imbibing in adult beverages late into the evening. That generally doesn't bode well for a great 5k time.

Tomorrow I'll be running the Irondog 5k in East Lansing. The Irondog Fund helps provide medical care for animals when it would otherwise be financially unfeasible. We took our cat Daisy to MSU Veterinary Hospital last month when she passed away, and her care was amazing. I'm happy to run for this cause that has helped so many animals.

Next week we head on our annual Washington, DC pilgrimage where I'll run the Cherry Blossom 10-miler. In all of our trips to DC I've never been during peak cherry blossom time, so I'm excited to be there and run along the Potomac among the cherry blossoms. Very fun.  A few weeks later we'll head to Pittsburgh where I'll run the Pittsburgh Half Marathon. At the end of May we'll be in Chicago for the Soldier Field 10-miler and a few weeks later in Ludington, MI for the Lake Stride Half Marathon.

During our 2012 DC trip at the FDR memorial
I'm looking forward to a busy few months with lots of fun races. The best part is getting to spend time in some of my favorite cities - DC, Chicago and Pittsburgh and getting to see friends and family on each trip. Traveling, running, family and friends - all of my favorite things together!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some Reasons Why Diet Culture is Garbage: I Poop a Lot and I'm Always Hungry

Tell me About Your Third Nipple

Can we Stop with the Negative Mom Culture?