Giving thanks

I live a blessed life, and I don't forget it even for a minute. It can be stressful, it's often hectic, and it's filled with so many blessings that I feel overwhelmed sometimes just to think of them all. It's important that on Thanksgiving I reflect on the many blessings in my life.

I am so thankful for my incredible husband. I recently did a blog post about how fantastic he is, and I won't elaborate too much lest his ego become uncontrollable. I couldn't ask for a better partner in my life. He's my biggest supporter, my best friend, and my great love.  He humors me in things I find important like a photo shoot for our Christmas card. That's the kind of partner we all need.

A photo from our Christmas card shoot.
I'm grateful for my parents who have always worked so hard to ensure that I have so my opportunities.  They've supported me through all of the tough things in my life - including the worst Crohns has to offer - without batting an eye. There's no way to ever let them know how much they mean to me. I am also thankful for my siblings and their spouses and children. Our family is loud and obnoxious and crazy, and I love being part of it.

My friends are so fantastic. I am grateful to have so many wonderful friends who are supportive, loyal, fun and the best people I know. I don't know what I would do without them. 

I am thankful for my pets - my two crazy dogs and our cats. They are our fur children, and they are a true example of unconditional love. 

I love my job and am thankful every day that I do something I love and believe in. It has been hectic the last few months, and I've been overwhelmed at times. But at the end of the day I love it, and I am blessed to go to work every day to a job I love with people I love. It makes life so much easier.

It goes without saying, but I am grateful for running. I'm not the fastest runner in a race, but I am dedicated, and I love it. Even the bad runs are worth it.  It helps center me and keeps me focused and motivated.

During this Thanksgiving holiday I will count my blessings over and over again as I celebrate with my family in West Virginia. Cheers to you and yours!   

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some Reasons Why Diet Culture is Garbage: I Poop a Lot and I'm Always Hungry

Tell me About Your Third Nipple

Can we Stop with the Negative Mom Culture?