Recharging the batteries

Last weekend was our first chance to enjoy the inaugural season of our West Virginia football tickets, and it came at a perfect time. It's been a busy few weeks at work and at home, and I was really looking forward to a weekend away.  One of the perks of being in Morgantown, WV is that my phone doesn't sync e-mails or connect to the internet, and it's freeing to be a little disconnected.  

Morgantown, taken from Mountaineer Field
I usually take Fridays off from running, but I ran Friday morning before we left so I could take the weekend off. It's been almost three weeks since my partial bowel obstruction, and I'm still feeling a little sluggish while I'm running. I've been running low mileage, but it's been rough going. I'm hoping this week I can get back into it, but first I needed a weekend of recharging.

It was nice to be in Morgantown and be able to sleep in a little bit despite the fact that I was sleeping in a twin bed in the guest room at my parents' house with our 120-pound Golden Retriever. It's not the most restful sleep ever. It's probably a good thing that I wasn't running.

It's a rough life.
On Saturday we headed out to tailgate with one of my friends I grew up with and his wife. We had a great time, and I couldn't wait to be at Mountaineer Field for the first time this season. Our tickets are high up in the stadium (seriously - almost Heaven) but we still have a great view of the field. My Mountaineers won 31-21 over Maryland. It wasn't quite the high powered offensive showing I was expecting, but it was great to be at the game. I love football season, and being in Morgantown makes me nostalgic for college and a less busy time of life.

At Mountaineer Field, one of my favorite places in the world
After the game I found myself completely relaxing like I rarely do - basically only when I'm home in Morgantown. I felt badly not running, but I think my body and my spirit are still recovering. I start racing against this weekend with the Playmakers Autumn Classic 8k, so it was nice to have a weekend off. Now, back to the races...  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some Reasons Why Diet Culture is Garbage: I Poop a Lot and I'm Always Hungry

Tell me About Your Third Nipple

Can we Stop with the Negative Mom Culture?