Wow what a year

This year has been insane. Crazy. Out of control. When I look back on the amount of running I've done and traveling we've done, I realize why I'm so tired. That being said it's been incredible. We've been to some great places and spent time with our wonderful friends and family. In terms of running I set both my 5k and 10k PRs this year, and my half marathon times were pretty solid. To top it off the IT band remained relatively quiet which is an accomplishment for me in and of itself.

The year included trips to Norfolk, VA, Crystal Mountain (in northern Michigan), Morgantown, WV (four times), Washington, D.C., Knoxville, TN, New York City, Houghton, MI, Mackinac Island, Chicago (twice), St. Joseph, MI, Riviera Maya in Mexico, Boston, and Iowa City. That doesn't include trips to visit family in Metro Detroit and day trips throughout Michigan for work (not to mention a four-day work convention in Grand Rapids). It's no wonder our dogs are getting tired of going to the boarder.


All we want for Christmas is to go with Mom and Dad
This year included a lot of running too with three half marathons (Knoxville, Portland, MI and Lansing), the Crim 10-miler in Flint, one 10k and four 5ks. I also got to do fun, relaxing runs in great cities like Boston and D.C.

Every year we get busier, and I continually say next year we'll do less.  I'm already registered for a 15k in Pensacola in February and the Green Bay marathon in May. Other than that the year is open. My husband and I love to travel, and we want to make the most of this time in our life. I expect a couple of really big trips in 2012.  Tomorrow we leave for our last trip to 2011 to the Outer Banks in North Carolina. Our pups will be thankful they get to join us on this one.

I hope everyone enjoys lots of Christmas treats and then runs them off. Merry Christmas!


Merry Christmas from Lansing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some Reasons Why Diet Culture is Garbage: I Poop a Lot and I'm Always Hungry

Tell me About Your Third Nipple

Can we Stop with the Negative Mom Culture?