In early 2005 life was pretty good. I had a job I enjoyed, my own place in a neighborhood I loved, and I was coming into my own as a professional adult human. My Crohn's was under control, and I felt confident about my disease. I was heading to see my boyfriend in Florida early one January morning when I got a call from my sister that she'd been in a fender bender, and she was now in labor several weeks early with my niece. I called my boyfriend to cancel the trip, and he was super irritated by it. My only sister was in labor with my first niece, and he expected me to miss it. (Red flag number 8,463). I got to be in the delivery room when my beautiful niece was born, and I didn't realize then that it would likely be the only time I'd ever seen a baby being born. It was a special way to start 2005. With my newborn niece at her baby shower (that she got to attend) That summer my health was great for the first time in years. I hung out with my sister and niece, spent time...
Great job Sam! I love running the CRIM! It is very challenging and the support you get from the spectators is amazing! I do agree with you 100% about the congestion. There should be a staggered start time or the PACE markers at the start line need to be made more visible (I didn't see them at all either) with the walkers starting in the back.
ReplyDeleteOverall it is a great race!